Our talented people are the heartbeat behind our work. We're a team of big ideas, big ambition, and even bigger dreams, and we don't apologize for that. In fact, we celebrate it pretty regularly. We're always looking for talented, ambitious students to join our team! We offer a summer internship for both interior designers and architecture students. Applications are accepted January 1 - January 31 every year via our online system below.
Our ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Interior design applicants must be in their third year of undergraduate or beyond.
- Architect in training must be in 4th year or beyond.
- Experience creating schematic designs and construction documents
- Experience with Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and various rendering software options
- Present ideas that show creativity and originality
- Able to manage and execute multiple tasks and/or deadline-driven situations in a professional manner
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing situations in a dynamic, high performance company
- Must be diplomatic, even-tempered and have a positive “cando” attitude
- Must have an expert-level attention to detail. Must promote and be able to work in a team environment
- Must attain a large working vocabulary, excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities, empathic listener, creative writing abilities, knowledge of good grammar
- Must be self-motivated/self-starter capable of working effectively without close supervision
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Must possess entrepreneurial spirit and strive to always improve yourself and your skills (genuine desire to achieve, excel and evolve)
- Must have problem solving skills like patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot issues, be able to easily understand and solve technical problems, and can handle client and supervisor feedback with grace
- Must have the ability to think creatively, make decisions, and solve problems
- Must present a professional image, both internally and externally
At ID8 we subscribe to a set of beliefs that help guide how we work, design and problem solve together. If these values resonate with you, there just might be a role with your name on it!
We believe that at the core of who we are as designers, our calling in the world is to help clients and communities in the development of IDEAS. We love to paint the picture of what the future could be.
We don’t believe in stopping at just the idea phase. We do our best to help actually make those ideas come to life - we strive to create that incredible future that we imagine.
We believe in trying new things, being open to new approaches, challenging the status quo, and embedding innovation into our process and mode of thinking.
Everything we do is in collaboration with someone, whether a client, a potential audience, a community, a group that we’re trying to serve, or other professionals that we team up with. We believe that ideas are best refined by working alongside others as a team, listening to feedback, and working together to constantly refine and improve what we’re doing.
Our goal is to help empower our clients and communities we work in to be informed and empowered consumers of great design. We are committed to design education not only in the schools and higher education spaces, but also in our communities.
We are fierce advocates for great design, creative thinking, strategic planning, women and minorities in the AEC industries, SMART growth, and a whole bunch of other initiatives. We are not bystanders or casual observers in our communities. Instead, we are actively working to bring others along, engage in the public process, and bring our ideas and voices to the table.
WHO WE ARE
If you think you're a good fit for our team, submit your resume and portfolio on the right.
Applications open: January 1
Application deadline: February 1
Application reviews the first two weeks in February.
After we review your work and realize how awesome you are, it's time for an interview. Our initial conversations are focused on your strengths and experience.
Interviews will begin the third week in February.
Once you join ID8 Architecture, we kick off on-boarding to help you hit the ground running from day one. You'll get an office mentor and have a weekly one-on-one with a principal.
We'll choose our best applicant the beginning of March, and the internship kicks off after school gets out in May.